03 June 2010

school has started & am I am bit overwhelmed

It's the end of day 3, and already my hed is spinning with ideas, information and general excitement.  The orientation was exhilarating-students from all of the United States-and 1 from Germany.  The ages are skewed to the under 25 set, but there are a decent number of folks over 50 as well.  I am counting on the energy of the younger set to keep  all of us going throughout the summer.

The classes are broken up into sections: Photo Studies; Visual Studies; Image Capture Editing and Management;  Output and Color Management; Lighting; & Field Help.  I am in Group B and am often in classes with Group A.  We have at least 2 classes a day- one from 9am-1pm and the next from 2-6pm.  There will be days when I also have an evening session.  So far, I have had 4 classes and have loved them all.  I am already learning many things that I didn't know!  My Visual Studies class (taught by Eileen Rafferty) is going to be a life changing experience for me.  As I viewed her images, and listened to her talk this afternoon, I started to cry a little.  Luckily, the lights were dimmed and I could have this moment in anonymity.  Eileen is creating a body of work so closely aligned to my vision of the world that I was shocked.  I spoke with her afterward and told her how much I appreciated your vision and her work.  Now I know why I am here.

I have found my tribe at last.  Thank you, thank you, thank you...








No comments: