11 June 2010

It's Friday

and the end of week two already.  It is hard to believe-I feel as if I have been here forever and that my life has always been filled with photography.  Every day is filled with pertinent facts  relating to-cameras, software, hardware, the business of photography,- that it is hard to properly process it all, but I am sure doing my utmost. It has been 18 years since I completed graduate school, and I don't think my brain has had such a workout since that time.  I don't want to miss anything.  Maybe it is because I have wanted to be here for so long, but the lectures all seem important to me. 

The teachers & the staff are 100% supportive of the students, and have an amazingly high level of enthusiasm for the art and business of photography. It is very clear, otherwise they won't be at the school. There appears to be a wonderful symbiotic relationship going on at the school between everyone, which will prove to be invaluable as the summer moves on and the work becomes harder and much more personal. I had the same teacher all day today (from 9-1, 2-4 and 4:30-6:30) and was neither bored or distracted. Astonishing.

I get to play with a Canon 7D and a 24-70mm 2.8 lens all weekend! By the time Sunday night's lecture on Bear Safety rolls around, I am sure that I will be in love with both.



No comments: