09 June 2010

The Canon Rep arrived

After a 10 hour rest last night, I woke up feeling with a brand new woman!  It was wonderful, especially so because I had the morning off.  A luxury not to be taken for granted.

What could have been a very long afternoon, sitting in a conference room at the Holiday Inn listening to the Canon Rep talk for 4 hours, was anything but boring. Mike Gurley was enthusiastic, informative, funny and engaging. He isn't a "sales" person-he is an educator with Canon-so there wasn't that hard sales edge to the afternoon that I felt we had with the rep who came to speak about tripods.

Here are some websites he recommended for us:

the stobist   all about off camera lighting

explores of the light    A Canon learning website

I learned that Canon has a business philosophy called  kyosei  which means living & working together for the common good.  How incredible.  

I asked a lot of questions and I believe that Mike answered me honestly.  Although I didn't like he answer he gave me when I asked him when the 5D III was going to be released (probably not until next year), I  got a great deal of good information about the different lenses and camera bodies.  There are many good reasons to wait until the 5D III comes out, rather than jump in and buy the 5D II.  Live view and video is in my future.  Also, the pluses of having a cropped sensor camera (in addition to a full sensor body) is getting longer every day.  Between the two bodies, and  a few great lenses, I could do anything!  My equipment wish list is getting longer by the day.





No comments: