21 June 2010

Catch-up time

It has been over a week since I have found the time to sit down and update my blog.  t really was my intention to try to write at least a few times  week, but clearly that is not happening right now.

The past week has been an emotional one for me-mostly because I am so tired.  It is difficult to explain the intensity of the program unless you are actually experiencing it.  The classroom lectures, the weekly assignments and now the studio lighting class all blur into each other and sometimes I can barely remember what class I have on any given day and when what assignment is due.  I have given up on trying to be a "A" student (a hard one for me) and am just trying to absorb as much as possible and turn in my assignments on time.

Last week we learned how to "ghost" an image.  It is fun & oh so easy to do. For one of my assignments due today, I used Max as my model ghost.  Max is a rambuncous golden retreiver who lives here with me, but managed to settle down for 5 seconds so I could complete my assignment.


Here is Max, fading into the couch.

and here I am

This past weekend was a busy one for me.  A couple of the women in my group and I decided that we were going to shoot the sunrise at Lee Medcalf on Saturday morning.  Because the sun rises early this time of year, we left at 4AM and, after geting a bit lost along the way, arrived in time.  However, the weather was not cooperating &, instead of a sunrise, we had a fogrise.  It was OK, beacuse I got some interesting foggy images and we all still had fun.  Afterward, we treated ourselves to breakfast and a visit to the local flea market, where I found a great "quippy" doll for $5.00 to add to my doll collection.  

I was wiped out the rest of the day, but it was worth it!

Sunday I, along with 12 of my fellow RMSP students, had an all day Reiki training session with Neil.  It was magical.   The day went by so quickly, that I wanted to slow down time and make the day last a few hours longer.  We learned the proper hand positions and worked on one another on and off all day.  Our longest session was 30 minutes (of giving and receiving) and I was amazed to discover that giving is just as healing and powerful as receiving.  That is also true in life.  I loved the day, and it also gave me the opportunity to meet some people outside of my group.

Today I have class from 9-1, 2-6 & 7-11PM.  Wish me luck!

No comments: