07 June 2010

Monday, the start of another week of classes, shoots, critiques and inspiration.

I am very tired, having stayed up to after 1am for the last 2 nights. I am starting to feel my need for 8 plus hours/night sleep shifting slightly, even in the first 7 days of the summer session.  But I do need more than six hours to function properly, so I need to figure out a way to get all of my work done, and have a bit of fun pleasure shooting, in the hours I have free from structured classroom time.  I know that I will start to settle down into a routine soon, and I have confidence that I can take care of myself and accomplish everything else that I need and want to do.

This mornings class we had a great lecture on manual exposure, 18% gray, and metering.  This afternoon was a lecture on lenses.  I wanted to get this information early on n the summer, because I have set aside money to upgrade my lenses, but didn't want to start buying without getting as much information as I could to make an informed decision.  I have made some poor equipment choices in the past, and didn't want to do so anymore.  The camera store is NOT the place to get impartial information! Now I am much clearer on what types of lenses I will need to buy to help me with my art.  What a relief.  Now comes the fun part, ordering the equipment :--))

My mysterious rash got much worse today, so I ended up at the emergency hospital after school.  Not exactly how I wanted to spend two precious hours of potential shooting time, but if I didn't get the rash under control it may have taken over my entire body and driven me, not only to distraction, but perhaps, insane from the itching.  My emergency room doctor was young and handsome and said that he didn't have a clue why I had a rash all over my neck and head.  Dust mites?  Something I ate?  A plant allergy?  Who the hell knows, but I hope that my 8 days on steroids fixes the problem.

Here is my daily photo and my assignment for my visual studies class tomorrow.  The assignment was to shoot an image that evokes a sense other than sight.  I took this image yesterday at the Missoula Farmer's Market.  Did you know that "cotton candy" was once called "Fairy Floss"?
 

No comments: