08 June 2010

My Visual Studies class with Eileen is a perfect class for me. I have never formally studied art or art history before and am learning all kinds of information that will help me with me art & photography. Of course, I have heard of negative space before, but never had it explained as clearly as today. I knew that I have always had a love affair with lines and repeating patterns, but now I know the power that lines can have in art; creating tension, creating formality, moving your eye through the image.

I am already "seeing" differently than I was a week ago. What will the next 12 weeks do to me?

The Canon reps come tomorrow afternoon, with lots of lenses and bodies and accessories to tell us about and demo. Oh joy!

2 comments:

inzeye said...

what a beautiful image!

Unknown said...

thanks! i was inside of "the worm" at fort missoula feeling like a child again.