24 May 2010

Rainy & cold day in missoula

When I woke up, it was 43 degrees, so I wasn't in too much of a hurry to rush out & greet the day.  That was fine with me!  It gave me time to try and track down an old classmate of Aunty Betty's, someone she went to school with over 60 years ago.  I love mysteries,!  After all, I did work for a private investigation firm for a few months, so was ready to tackle this assignment on for my dear Aunty.  Her friend's last known address was  "senior home" in Missoula, and I called all of them.  No luck.  I decided to go to the web, where with some time and patience, you can find almost everyone.  Eureka! Her friend has moved to another state and I have her address to give to Betty.  All in a mornings work.

The rest of the day I did errands (just like at home):  thrift stores for warm sweatshirts  (COLD here right now) and a pair of sweatpants,  a space heater for my downstairs room (it's a bit cave like) and a tour of the YMCA.  The Y is nice.  It has a pool, sauna, steam room and, the best part, I can join on a monthly basis.  After I get a feel for my summer school schedule, I'll see if a Y membership makes sense.  It sure is tempting.


Tomorrow-lunch with Neil!






No comments: