28 May 2010

Missoula is a special place

The people in Missoula are friendly & welcoming to strangers.  There is a sense of politeness  and willingness to help here that seems to have disappeared in California, particularly among young people. I decided to take a break from the rain, and have a sandwich at a cafe.  There weren't any tables,  so a family with 2 small kids asked me if I wanted to sit with them.  They said that they were leaving shortly and wanted me to have the table.
  
I sat down, had lunch and was working on my laptop, when a young couple came into the cafe.  Again, there were no seats so I offered to share me table with them.  They were engaging and delightful.  

Missoula is a special place:


Those who know me well know that, as a group, I do not like children.  Individually, it is another matter.  I have a new friend, whom I will call J.  He is smart, funny, articulate, well mannered and is about to loose a tooth.  He is five years old.

No comments: