26 May 2010

A hike, a trip to Costco & a chicken dinner

T, Max and I hiked a portion of the Blue Mountain Recreational Area this morning.  It was beautiful up there, and much different than anything we have locally.  The trails are well marked and offer anything from a leisurely walk to a serious hike.  It felt great to be able to stretch my legs and get some moderate exercise-I am used to at least 5 miles a day.  I hope to do another portion of the mountain again before school begins.





A sign downtown:

We were lucky to get in a hike when we did because the afternoon was muggy and rainy.  I pray that the weather warms up and that the sun starts to come, and stay out, fairly soon.  I need the sun for my health!




I love Costco, and when my landlady said that she was going there this afternoon, I decided to tag along with her.  It was lucky, because I was able to stock up on all of my favorite foods:  raw almonds, raisons,  artichoke hearts & soy trail mix!  Now I am ready for school.

My first home-cooked meal since I left California and it tasted delicious!  My new little family welcomed me to the table with bar-b-qued chicken, salad, potatoes, and strawberries.  It was very sweet and I am starting to feel less lonely.

1 comment:

inzeye said...

funny. i have just learned to be ok going to costco- it is a raison d'etre when i go to seattle. i thought it was your raison, too, but you were getting raisins not reasons. ok it was just funny to me.....:-)