27 May 2010

looking for lolo montana

It was raining (again) today, so I decided that it might be fun to check out one of the local hot springs around missoula.  After a hardy breakfast & with directions in hand, I set out to find lolo hot springs.  Lolo is located less than 50 miles west of missoula.  I thought that it would be an easy and beautiful drive-which it would have been except that I drove 50 miles in the wrong direction.

I got to talking to Judy on the phone, and before I realized it, I was seeing signs that read "Philipsburg"-no where in sight was a sign saying "lolo".  It was a nice drive east, but since I had just made that drive a few days before, I decided to try to get going in the right direction. By this time I really needed to soak in a hot springs!  So I turned around, drove all the way back to Missoula and caught highway 12 west for lolo.















It was worth the drive.  Lolo is a funky place, but the price is right ($7 for the use of the springs and the pool) ad the water as warm and silky as I had hoped.  There are interesting rock formations around the hot springs and I even found a new little friend there.
I ended the day with a 75 minute yoga class.  It was challenging, but I loved it.

No comments: