23 May 2010

Missoula, my first day

I can't believe that I am really here.  The dream becomes a reality.  I was having all kinds of emotions today: 
home-sickness for Peter and the dogs; anxiety about the start of school; doubt (have I made the right decision to come here and embark on this intensive & life-changing path?  what if...I am not...) &, of course, the big one, FEAR.  All normal I suspect.  It has been years since I have shook up my world to any extent (like quitting work 11 years ago) and it is nerve-wracking.  I know that I will feel better once school starts and I get into the flow of the summer.


Inner Harmony Yoga, on East Main in Missoula, will be one of my anchors this summer.  I went to my first class today and it all felt right.  The studio is light and airy, the class was a workout but the environment there is gentle and supportive.  I bought 12 classes for $85 and plan to use them up quickly and go back for more!  The Missoula library is fabulous and I already have my card.  It has a large selection of books on CD, DVDs and a wonderful music selection.

I am starting to get settled in and feel a bit more connected to the community.  Missoula is a friendly, green & enlightened town-I think that I will be fine here.



























No comments: