25 July 2010

sunday morning

this past week I have been on an emotional roller coaster-mostly going down hill.  I am not sure why-but I am sure that was a combination of the stress of my living situation, hitting a wall with my final project, missing my home people and physical exhaustion.  On Wednesday, I woke up and felt like I was going to pass out, so I went back to sleep and didn't wake up until 11:30.  It was clear that I needed to catch up with my rest, although the remainder of the week I was still exhausted and emotional.  Friday night was an ice cream mixer in the park and my "therapy" puppy Bailey was there to help ease my pain.  30 minutes of rough playing with a 5 month old boxer did wonders for my mood- and helped to remind me that, in the present moment, I am fine.

I know that when I am feeling disconnected from people,  feeling insecure, and comparing myself to others-that I need to step back and take better care of myself.  For me, that means changing what I can change.  I know that my body and my soul has been missing my daily 5 mile walks, so last night I hiked the "M", and today I have already walked into town and back.  Getting a good physical workout every day will do wonders for me.  I know that.  It felt wonderful to walk! I may try to get a bike to ride for the next three weeks, until Kellie leaves and I buy hers.   I am also working on changing my housing situation-and have full faith that all will work out the way it is meant to be. 

Although I am not bonding with many people at school, there are great people to hang out with and that will be enough for me.  I need to remember to keep my eye on my goals:  to learn as much technical knowledge as I can here, perfect my photography skills and get on the road to becoming the best photographer I can possibility become.  The gravy will be developing relationships that I can carry with me into my life as I move forward.

It is so beautiful here!

1 comment:

inzeye said...

A boxer puppy- what a gift (thanks for sharing)! It makes sense you are exhausted on so many levels. Puppies sure go right to the heart of the matter. Zu says hi, too.