20 September 2010

fall, falls and friends

It is fall here in montana.  it happened all of a sudden-one day it was 90 degrees and then it was 60 and drizzly.  the air smells good, sharp and clean.  like hayfork.

I am ready to go home.  that also happened suddenly.  maybe it was the call from ann that betty fell and was in the hospital  at the vineyard.   ann also told me that peter strachan was having severe nose bleeds-which makes us think that his cancer may have returned.  sad family we have. I feel the need to be surrounded by the pups and my friends and not sleep alone anymore.  I miss my pack.

I am learning so much in AI that I can't properly process it all.  I sit in class and try to take good notes, but I wonder how much I am really absorbing.  It is all technical now-layers and masks and selections and making animation out of still images and compositing and and and...  I need to practice every day when I get home and I know that it will come to me.  I know that I think and learn differently than many people, and I know that it is going to take me longer than others to completely understand all of these concepts.  That's OK. I have plenty of time.

my mentor meeting with Neil went well on saturday.  he critiqued about 40 of my images.  I chose a variety pack so he could see what interests me.  he complimented me on my eye and style and  versatility.  we talked about where I think I may be going from here (images to greeting card companies, building up my portfolio, documentary photography).  I felt good when I left.


Skalkaho Falls
Mike Schart, Me, Angie Dombrowsky



No comments: